A construction project manager plays a pivotal role in the success of building projects. They develop precise plans outlining the scope, deliverables, and required resources. Their focus includes ensuring strict adherence to safety regulations and handling of legal and contractual risks. The complexity and significant time investment these tasks demand are supported by specialized software solutions, like those provided by RIB Software, offering project managers comprehensive assistance across all project phases.
What does RIB offer?
RIB’s purpose-built software offers a comprehensive solution tailored to meet the unique requirements of every stakeholder within the AEC industry
RIB 4.0, as a comprehensive business platform, provides the capability to centrally control all relevant project and company processes. The platform supports detailed project planning, monitoring, and control, including time and resource management, cost control, and risk assessment, for both individual projects and on a cross-project level. Additionally, the integration of BIM data facilitates coordination and enhances collaboration among all project stakeholders.
RIB 4.0’s web-based, high-performance BIM integration enhances coordination and collaboration and enables detailed project planning across single and multiple projects.
- Project Monitoring and Control: tools for continuous monitoring and adjustment of projects
- Cost Management: accurate cost estimation and budget monitoring
- Risk Assessment: identification and mitigation of project risks.
RIB Candy is a unique project management software that improves accuracy and transparency every step of the way. With purpose-built modules, project managers are able to carry out tender analysis and deep dive into project expenditures, cost breakdowns and financial performance to maximize profits at each project stage.
RIB Candy’s Post Tender functionality helps Project Managers to proactively maintain up-stream cost control by comparing your ‘estimated costs’ vs ‘actual costs & productivity’, giving you an accurate status of your project success.
- Seamless continuity between estimating and post-tender commercial control
- Powerful tender and resource analysis, planning, forecasting, and ‘cost vs. allowable’ reports and dashboards
- Effortless management of clients, staff and subcontractors.
As one of the most important factors in ensuring a project is delivered within budget, cost reporting becomes much more efficient with RIB BuildSmart Cost Management Software. Combining an innovative real- time cost reporting system of project/activity-based costing, with the ability to generate cross-modular reports, results in sound decision making capabilities, and eliminates the need for a separate reporting system.
BuildSmart brings visibility into every stage of a project. Project managers are able to view accrued costs in real-time, manage resources at a site-level and monitor subcontractors’ performance. Real-time updates and assessments make it easier to mitigate risks and protect project margin.
- Excellent reporting and analysis eliminates departmental silos
- Real-time visibility and full insights into project costs and budgets
- Data integrity and transparency throughout the project lifecycle.
RIB CX is comprehensive project management software offering intelligent collaboration tools. It simplifies tender and contract management, and simultaneously captures work hours and data in the field to enable project managers to maintain real-time budgets.
RIB CX was created to increase office and field productivity. Project managers are able to accelerate project execution and stay under budget—from pre-construction through to handover.
- Capture and manage all project information in a cloud-based forum style environment
- Ensure the right people have access to the right documents with comprehensive data trails
- Access comprehensive dashboards and analytics to track statuses and progress in real-time.
RIB Connex delivers versatile and simple-to-use construction management software. It eliminates software application and communication silos from precon to closeout. This allows project managers to streamline construction workflows and standardize field execution.
RIB Connex is in-built with configurable construction workflows and interactive BIM viewer that facilitate hyper-efficient collaboration. Project managers can manage all communication, coordination and changes throughout the project and ensure efficient work processes and valuable documentation.
- Connect the office and the field and collaborate on all devices anywhere, anytime
- Access data-driven insights that support inspection and coordination
- Review full documentation of issues that impact time, budget and quality.
RIB Digital Handover
RIB Digital Handover is designed for a systematic collection of O&M data from contractors and suppliers. This fit-for-purpose solution supports project managers to collect data during construction avoiding panic at the end, run quality assurance and validate data, and ensure there are no delays in the handover process.
RIB Digital Handover reduces the time spent on collecting O&M data and all warranties, maintenance schedules, data sheets and other important documentation is gathered in one place. Built-in workflows for quality assurance supports the project manager to control and validate data resulting in high quality O&M data.
- Specify and prioritize data requirements for each component or asset
- Dashboards give real-time overview of handover status and progress
- Prepare an operating plan and export to any facilities management software.
RIB Project is a cloud-based document management solution that facilitates open lines of communication for project managers from the office-to-field. They are able to manage and share models, documents, drawings, permits and other important documentation in a structured environment, increasing day-to-day efficiency.
RIB Project creates opportunities for project managers to connect with dispersed teams across disciplines. They are able to grasp real-time project updates and make sure that everyone has access to the latest versions of project materials.
- Organize models, files and documents in a centralized platform
- Use intelligent workflows to distribute approved material to the right parties
- Access and collaborate on all devices from anywhere, anytime.