Quantity surveyors are responsible for managing the cost and quantities of material, labour and resources throughout the project lifecycle. Their efficiency in estimation, sourcing and cost control determines whether a project will continue to align with its larger financial objectives. They need to provide accurate and reliable cost information to support a project’s financial decision-making. At RIB Software, we offer a wide array of tools to ensure Quantity Surveyors achieve their goals.
What does RIB offer?
RIB’s purpose-built software offers a comprehensive solution tailored to meet the unique requirements of every stakeholder within the AEC industry
RIB 4.0 is an integrated cloud platform that connects data-based processes to manage a project’s financial front. Efficient integration of relevant modules allow construction cost planners to exercise control over estimation and forecasting.
RIB 4.0 collects information from past projects to build a repository that can be used for current and future planning. While it is designed to estimate costs and prepare tenders, construction cost planners are able to evaluate new design changes and construction methods, to deliver results according to the budget plan.
- Insight into the budget prevents overruns throughout the entire project cycle
- Real-time cost visualization supports decision-making
- Optimization of asset and facility management from planning to demolition.
RIB Candy is the ultimate project management software that aligns time and money. Its infrastructure helps quantity surveyors deep dive into project expenditures, cost breakdowns and financial performance to maximize profits.
RIB Candy’s Post Tender functionality helps Quantity Surveyors proactively maintain up-stream cost control by comparing to date, remaining and “at-completion” cost and allowables; giving an accurate status of the projects’ success.
- Seamless continuity between estimating and post-tender commercial control to compare Tender budget vs project budget
- Subcontracts management for accurate progress measures and subcontract payments
- Timeous, effective and powerful decision making based on realtime, accurate information in one click
RIB CostX is an all-in-one takeoff, estimating and reporting software that allows Quantity Surveyors to build a competitive advantage. They are able to complete takeoff and estimates faster by saving time on repetitive measuring tasks.
RIB CostX is transformative by design. It allows quantity surveyors to extract quantities from BIM files rapidly, as well as measure from 2D files in just a few clicks. They are also able to update takeoff or estimates instantly based on the most recent design changes.
- Provide fast feedback to clients and owners on associated costs
- View and edits estimates in a variety of breakdown structures
- Measure cost and carbon side-by-side with world-leading embodied carbon accounting capabilities.
RIB Benchmark is a web-based software built to enhance preliminary estimating and benchmarking. It presents evidential data in an easy-to-read format, enabling quantity surveyors to carry out budgeting and financial forecasting effectively.
RIB Benchmark allows quantity surveyors to produce quick and accurate benchmarks by utilising existing historical data from past completed projects.
- Build realistic preliminary estimates using visual representation and customizable reports
- Integrate seamlessly with RIB CostX estimating software, while also supporting generic data imports
- Gain custom insights by using your own data, ensuring you can trust the outputs.
The combination of RIB Candy, RIB BuildSmart, and RIB Connect enables full cost vs. allowable control, on-site collaboration and business intelligence throughout the lifecycle of a project – from estimate to final account.
The link between Candy valuations and BuildSmart actuals provides a fast and accurate comparison of the ‘actual vs. allowed’ spend, by quantity, rate and total amount. This extends into complete subcontractor package management, and includes the management of variation orders, retention, materials on site, contra-charges and more.
1. Provide real-time visibility and full insights into project costs and budgets
2. Maximise profit and reduce risk through tight control of cost vs allowable
3.Effortlessly manage clients, staff and subcontractors.