Project estimators are the individuals or teams responsible for reviewing cost data, specifications, drawings and other relevant information, to determine a project’s overall cost. They produce detailed cost information which empowers stakeholders to make informed decisions about project feasibility, budgeting and resource allocation, contributing to overall financial profitability. RIB Software has a number of products specifically designed to produce accurate estimations throughout the project lifecycle.
What does RIB offer?
RIB’s purpose-built software offers a comprehensive solution tailored to meet the unique requirements of every stakeholder within the AEC industry
Accurate cost estimation is the foundation of qualified bids and financially viable projects. RIB 4.0 sets the standard for functionality and flexibility. With RIB 4.0, you have the option to calculate based on unit price contracts, cost breakdowns (with a schedule-driven section plan), or according to any project-specific control structures.
RIB 4.0 consolidates information from past projects and company data for future reference and planning. This empirical knowledge benefits estimators during the bidding phase, cost estimation and negotiations with subcontractors.
- Flexible calculation based on adaptable structures with subtotals, filters, and surcharge rules at all levels
- Performance specifications according to country standards, and free performance specifications (without hierarchy limitation)
- Model-based with an integrated 3D viewer referencing 3D objects.
RIB CostX is an all-in-one takeoff, estimating and reporting software that promises the best price when estimating. Its flexible estimating spreadsheets are live-linked to drawings and cost databases to build error-free estimates in a flash.
RIB CostX allows estimators to finish work quickly and increase profitability with a complete system that manages margins accordingly.
- Collaborate seamlessly with other users by working with a single source of information
- Comprehensive subcontractor comparison analysis lets users effectively manage bids
- Use the customizable report writer to create bespoke reports and estimate breakdowns.
RIB CX is an intelligent construction management software that is adaptable and easy-to-use. Features such as 3D BIM support, real-time dashboards, a tender portal and a document management system assist estimators in contributing to the project management process.
RIB CX allows estimators to review quotes and documents, analyze cost impact, and optimize without compromising on quality.
- Share files and documents with project teams
- Archive all versions of documents for preparing bids and estimating costs
- Tender portal allows for comprehensive management of subcontractor bids.
RIB Candy is an easy-to-use, all-in-one system that offers quick turn-around time on estimates which helps you achieve a higher success rate on budgets, bids and estimates. Its enhanced accuracy reduces your risk of errors and ensures more reliable outcomes.
RIB Candy is a user-friendly estimating software, developed using first-principles resource and package-based estimating, that improves speed, accuracy and transparency every step of the way.
- Know where your numbers come from and how they were calculated
- Pricing using the free format worksheets, including Subcontract and supplier adjudicators, and multi-currency capabilities.
- Benefit from the system’s high-speed calculations that enable rapid assessment of alternative strategies with accurate forecasts, cash flow and mark-up tools.
- Re-use, repeat and repurpose your estimate data using Candy Master Libraries.
RIB Benchmark is a web-based software that enhances preliminary estimating and benchmarking. It presents evidential data in an easy-to-read format, enabling estimators to bid within budget with optimized market pricing.
RIB Benchmark allows estimators to produce quick and accurate conceptual estimates by utilising existing historical data from past completed projects. It is powerfully built to perform functional analysis, supporting all project types.
- Build realistic preliminary estimates using visual representation and customizable reports
- Integrate seamlessly with RIB CostX estimating software, while also supporting generic data imports
- Gain customer insights by using your own data, ensuring you can trust the outputs.