New Features in ZEICON-IFC
With the current version of ZEICON, the following enhancements are available in addition to the adaptations for running under Windows®11:
- When importing and exporting IFC data, the building structure is now also transferred.
- If clipping of components is used in the IFC data, the recognition of this function can be optionally activated in the IFC interface.
The IFC interface supports data transfer from digital building information modeling (BIM) in the construction industry via IFC files (*.ifc, Industry Foundation Classes), which store component information in an open standard.
By importing the IFC data, a direct assignment is made from the geometry description to the components available in ZEICON with its respective parameter settings. The import of IFC data includes the following functions:
- Supported structural members: Walls (optionally with openings), slabs (optionally with openings), beams as well as rectangular and circular supports
- Import of the geometry by extrusion method (rotation, extrusion and sweep solids)
- Import Filter for material selection/assignment
- Layer assignment according to the height and type of the structural members
- Protocol to check the import quality
ZEICON-IFC is a powerful function extension and has the following special features:
- Direct data import from other IFC-based CAD systems
- Transfer of the spatial geometry and arrangement of the structural elements
- secure data exchange through a standardized format
- Reediting of construction element information for structural models e.g. for wall connections and grids
References & Product information