The IFC interface supports data transfer from digital building information modeling (BIM) in the construction industry via IFC files (*.ifc, Industry Foundation Classes), which store component information in an open standard.
By importing the IFC data, a direct assignment is made from the geometry description to the components available in ZEICON with its respective parameter settings. The import of IFC data includes the following functions:
- Supported structural members: Walls (optionally with openings), slabs (optionally with openings), beams as well as rectangular and circular supports
- Import of the geometry by extrusion method (rotation, extrusion and sweep solids)
- Import Filter for material selection/assignment
- Layer assignment according to the height and type of the structural members
- Protocol to check the import quality
Additional module for ZEICON® - CADCAM interface for BVBS
- Implementation of the BVBS format for "data exchange of reinforcement data"
- Transfer of flat and spatial bended shapes of rebars
- Exchange of project information
- Transmission of additional required information
ZEICON®-BVBS is a powerful function extension and has the following special features:
- Direct data exchange with production machines
- Expandable information exchange
- Secure data exchange through a predefined exchange format