Combine RIB CostX Takeoff Data With Microsoft Excel Spreadsheets
CostXL is an additional product from the CostX suite that allows users to live-link RIB CostX data directly into their Microsoft Excel® workbook. Simply drag and drop measured dimensions from any networked product in the CostX range directly into the spreadsheet or set up a template so that dimensions automatically appear in your Excel® spreadsheet once measured in CostX. This add-in makes it easier than ever for construction professionals to integrate their digital efforts with Microsoft Excel®.
How Can RIB CostXL Help Your Business?
While there are many programs that can export data to Excel®, CostXL differs as the data in question is live-linked to CostX itself. Data changed within CostX is automatically reflected within the CostXL add-in, saving time and effort. To enable a quicker learning process, CostXL ships with sample CostX data and Excel® spreadsheets.
Integrate into Microsoft Excel
- CostX data, such as dimensions, workbook values, rates and constants, can be live-linked directly into Excel® spreadsheets.
- Updates are applied automatically – changes made in CostX are immediately reflected in Excel® spreadsheets, saving time on data entry.
Connect back to CostX
- Live-linked figures allow users to see the measured dimension in the Excel® source directly on the plan. This ensures you will always know what has been measured and where.
- Data from multiple revisions can be handled on the same Excel® worksheet, allowing you to easily keep track of your progress.
Supports a range of Excel features
- Generate cashflow forecasts, progress claims, management reports and more from the live CostX database.
- Charts and graphs can be easily created using CostX information, allowing users to present relevant data as they see fit.