The program FUNDA from RIB is our choice for the dimensioning of foundations of all kinds. We regularly use the time-saving load transfer from the support program BEST. The quality of the results had been convincing for years. Now we see the new ergonomics of operation and print-outs as further highlights.
Dipl.-Ing. Martin Scheunemann, Ingenieurteam Trebes, Kiel
New features of RTfooting
In addition to the adaptations to Windows 11, the following functions are available in the program RTfooting in the basic version as an extension:
- For fiberglass-reinforced foundations, the shear force design is performed according to the more accurate verification of M. Kurth / J. Hegger and reference is made in the output to the corresponding approval of ComBAR according to EN 1992-1-1.
- In the case of sleeve foundations, the self-weight under the influence of water levels is now taken into account exactly and output in a verifiable form.
- The settlement calculation for inclined and off-center loading is performed according to the general approximation method described in DIN 4019 in Section 10.3.1.
- To record the necessary parameters of the foundation soil, several horizontally oriented soil layers with different soil properties can be defined
- In the case of a circular or polygonal foundation slab, a substitute rectangle is used for the calculation
- The calculation is based on the soil stress diagrams of Boussineq for the elastically isotropic half-space, which have been prepared by Steinbrenner, Jelinek, etc. for practical use and are available as influence coefficients for soil stress in curves in DIN 4019 Appendix A.
- The settlement influence depth (limiting depth) is determined automatically according to DIN 4019 Chap.9. This may be assumed to be the depth at which the vertical additional stress from the mean settlement-effective load is 20% of the effective vertical initial stress of the soil. Alternatively, the depth of influence may be specified by the user.
- The consideration of an eccentricity in y-direction is done according to DIN 4019 chap.11. The angular deformation is calculated as a result of the moment around the y-axis.
- The magnitude of the settlement is influenced by the determined bearing pressure, by the embedment and limiting depth and by the stiffness number. These parameters can be specified variably in RTfooting.
- Design of block and sleeve foundations with interactive optimization of the foundation geometry for the geotechnical analyses
- Modern interface with ribbon, quick access toolbar & property tables with an overview at a glance
- Extended load transfer from BEST as well as HOST and STUR software
- Soil mechanics analysis and determination of soil pressures using double eccentricity according to DIN 1054, or EN 1997-1 with national annexes for DE, AT & SK/CZ
- Reinforced concrete design according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with national annexes for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK for single load cases and load combinations
- Sleeve design according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with national annexes for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
- The design according to old standards supports "existing constructions"
- Generation of a reinforcement plan for sleeve and block foundations
- Simple and clear evaluation of results
The functionality of the programme can be extended by RTfooting-Prefab to the analysis and design of block and sleeve foundations as an additional licensed option to FUNDA. Additionally, to the application options already mentioned in RTfooting, RTfooting-Prefab contains the following complementary features:
- graphically interactive processing of block and sleeve foundations together with an rectangular cross section of the column
- presetting of a smooth / rough formwork as well as of the bond area of a sleeve design
- verification and dimensioning of arbitrary polygonal foundation slabs with integrated as well as superimposed sleeve or as block foundation according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with corresponding NA for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
- design of sleeve according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with corresponding NA for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
A construction suggestion for the reinforcement design of rectangular foundation slabs with and without sleeves as well as for block foundations can be created. The reinforcement drawing can be transferred directly to ZEICON as ZAC macro, or in the DXF format via ZACView to any CAD system.
This enhancement makes the RTfooting application an enormously powerful structural engineering application for an economic calculation and design of block and sleeve foundations. Even technically demanding engineering tasks in the field of prefabricated structural members can be solved.
Example of Report
Overview of functions