For some years now we have been dimensioning footing of various kinds with FUNDA. The reliability of the results were always convincing. Now we appreciate the new handling of the program and the flexibility in printing the results.
Dr. Markus Rybinski, Holzapfel, Rüdt & Partner, Stuttgart
New features of RTfooting
In addition to the adaptations to Windows 11, the following functions are available in the program RTfooting in the basic version as an extension:
- For fiberglass-reinforced foundations, the shear force design is performed according to the more accurate verification of M. Kurth / J. Hegger and reference is made in the output to the corresponding approval of ComBAR according to EN 1992-1-1.
- In the case of sleeve foundations, the self-weight under the influence of water levels is now taken into account exactly and output in a verifiable form.
- The settlement calculation for inclined and off-center loading is performed according to the general approximation method described in DIN 4019 in Section 10.3.1.
- To record the necessary parameters of the foundation soil, several horizontally oriented soil layers with different soil properties can be defined
- In the case of a circular or polygonal foundation slab, a substitute rectangle is used for the calculation
- The calculation is based on the soil stress diagrams of Boussineq for the elastically isotropic half-space, which have been prepared by Steinbrenner, Jelinek, etc. for practical use and are available as influence coefficients for soil stress in curves in DIN 4019 Appendix A.
- The settlement influence depth (limiting depth) is determined automatically according to DIN 4019 Chap.9. This may be assumed to be the depth at which the vertical additional stress from the mean settlement-effective load is 20% of the effective vertical initial stress of the soil. Alternatively, the depth of influence may be specified by the user.
- The consideration of an eccentricity in y-direction is done according to DIN 4019 chap.11. The angular deformation is calculated as a result of the moment around the y-axis.
- The magnitude of the settlement is influenced by the determined bearing pressure, by the embedment and limiting depth and by the stiffness number. These parameters can be specified variably in RTfooting.
- Design of circular and polygonal foundations, if necessary with fitted or internal sleeve
- Modern interface with ribbon, quick access toolbar & property tables with an overview at a glance > more
- Extended load transfer from BEST as well as HOST and STUR software
- Soil mechanics analysis and determination of soil pressures with double eccentricity according to DIN 1054, or EN 1997-1 with national annexes for DE, AT & SK/CZ
- A graphic design environment for processing polygonal slab geometries
- Design and dimensioning of circular and polygonal foundation slabs according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with national annexes for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
- The design according to old standards supports " existing constructions"
- Generation of a reinforcement plan for sleeve and block foundations
- Simple and clear evaluation of results
Enhancement of RTfooting to circular and polygonal footings
The functionality of the programme can be extended by RTfooting-Polygon to the analysis and design of circular and polygonal foundations as an additional licensed option to FUNDA.
Additionally, to the application options already mentioned in RTfooting, RTfooting-Polygon contains the following complementary features:
- graphically interactive processing of circular as well as polygonal foundations
- graphical construction environment for the processing of polygonal slab geometries with DXF interface and tabular processing option of polygonal points
- verification and dimensioning of arbitrary polygonal foundation slabs according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with corresponding NAD for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
- design of sleeve according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with corresponding NAD for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK
- punching verification for circularly or rectangularly connected columns according to DIN 1045, DIN 1045-1 or EN 1992-1 with corresponding NAD for DE, AT, SK/CZ and UK for arbitrary slab geometry
This enhancement makes the RTfooting application an enormously powerful structural engineering application for an economic calculation and design of foundations with arbitrary plate geometry. Even technically demanding engineering tasks can be solved especially in the case of geometrical adoption of the footing to the refurbishment of a given structure.
Example of Report
Overview of functions